Here are five thing you can do to avoid the pitfalls of bad resumes, brought to you by Karen Testa – East Region Editor of The Associated Press. Follow her on Twitter at @testawong.
1. Do not use the word “passion” in your resume. Your passion should show through in your work.
2. Show your experience, not just the degree(s) you bring to the table
3. Do not put your GPA on your resume. Anything less than a 4.0 isn’t going to help you
4. Include your Twitter handle; employers look to your social media accounts to learn what kind of a person you are. (Side note: Keep your social media accounts clean!)
5. Tailor your objective to the job you’re seeking. Talk about what YOU can contribute, rather than what the employer can do for you.